Saturday, June 4, 2011

Welcome to my brand-spankin'-new blog!

I have decided to start a Sims 3 Blog, which will hopefully be an ongoing endeavor.  I am not a creator at this point, but only because I lacked the software, free time, and motivation.  Now, I am connected to a large university and have received a bunch of software free for non-commercial use.  Since I am completely against paysites anyway, this won't be an issue.  The free time and motivation might still be an issue...  Still, I have begun simple XML tuning and I used to make recolors for the Sims 2... small accomplishments next to the genius creators out there.

I've long been a lurker in the Sims community, starting with the Sims 2.  I owned next-to-every EP for the original Sims, but I wasn't involved in the creation and modification aspect until Sims 2 came out.  I have accounts on more Sims websites than I would be happy to admit, including many sites which have come and gone in my time as a Simmer.  My favorite websites and creators will be featured in my Links section.

My philosophy with the Sims is that it's my favorite game.  It's not perfect, and it breaks, but it has come a long way since the original game!  My jaw drops when I see screenshots from the older games compared to the advances we have now.  I am almost 20 years old.  I grew up with this game!  I played it in elementary school, and I am still playing it in college.  There are things I hate and things I love.  There is drama.  But it has clearly endured as my favorite PC game.  I support all endeavors by creators and EA, as everyone uses the game for their own enjoyment--just as it was intended.  However, I disapprove of paysites with the idea that Maxis and subsequently EA invented this brainchild, and no other person should profit by riding on its coattails.  Especially when there are so many amazing creators out there who never ask for a penny for their work.  Paysites aren't illegal--they're just evil.

And thus starts my blog!  I shall be posting anything and everything Sims 3 related (as I have retired from Sims 2 playing with fond memories).  Maybe even a few unrelated things.  Thanks for joining me in this process!

Paz,
Elan

0 comments:

Post a Comment